We require a 50% deposit to be paid at the time of ordering (including standard in-stock, custom-made or out of stock orders). This deposit is non-refundable if an order is cancelled after 7 days of placement, and cancelled orders on specially made (non-standard) items are subject to a 15% handling fee.
Shipping & Returns
Please note that all items ship directly from the manufacturer and babyfurnituredirect.co.za can not be held responsible for any neglect or fault on the part of the manufacturer. We undertake to try our best to resolve any possible problems that might have arisen. Our suppliers back their products with a guarantee against flaws. Please see our terms below.
Fragile or large products are shipped to physical addresses in South Africa via courier and smaller non-breakables via post office track-and-trace counter-to-counter service. Courier shipments can be insured against damage in transit. Shipping charges are based on the volumetric weight of the items on your order. Shipping charges will only be calculated after completion of your order. All our existing products on the website will have estimated shipping costs labeled in the description area. Please wait for our e-mail confirmation on multiple orders as discounts may apply. Courier charges do not include orders shipping to PO Boxes or Townships.
All orders shipped to locations outside of the main city centers: Post-office shipping fees are listed for smaller parcels under "other" and we will contact you via e-mail for courier shipments. Orders will be processed once the charges are approved. All shipping charges are estimated and will be adjusted at the time your order is shipped. Please be sure to provide a correct email address on your order. Orders will not be processed or shipped without charges having been approved by the client.
All the items on our website ship directly to you from the manufacturer. Please allow approximately 6 weeks for custom made orders to be completed. Please note that orders are only placed once we have received confirmation of your payment and the payment has cleared-this means that if you pay by checque the order is only placed 10 working days later after the checque has cleared. The manufacturing time is calculated from payment date. You may request a courier quote on any of the smaller products if you are in a rush to receive your order. Please note that all our smaller products have been quoted for post office counter to counter shipping. Please contact us if you prefer door-to-door delivery. Transit Time is in business days (excludes Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays). Please allow additional time for orders shipping outside the main city centers. Please note that babyfurnituredirect.co.za acts on your behalf by enlisting the services of the courier. babyfurnituredirect.co.za does not act as the courier and cannot be held responsible for delays or any other problems on the courier's behalf. We can track and trace your shipment which is automatically insured against damage in transit. You are also welcome to make use of your own courier service but the service needs to comply to certain standards. Please enquire about our shipping advice.
Shipping quotations may be increased if :a) the courier company has to collect or deliver the goods above a second floor unless they have agreed to do so in writing;b) the courier supplies extra services at the Customer's request;c) the stairs, lifts or doorways at which the courier must uplift or deliver the Customer's goods are inadequate for easy delivery or the road or approach are unsuitable for their vehicles, unless the Customer advised us in writing of these problems before we prepared the quotation;
- Babyfurnituredirect.co.za assumes no liability for orders shipped to incomplete or incorrect shipping addresses supplied by the customer. Any additional fees for such orders will be the responsibility of the customer.
- If a package is refused upon delivery, the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges incurred for the return of the item. Charges will be applied to any refund due to refusal.
We will consider reasonable requests to return goods only under the following conditions.
- ALL returns are subject to pre-approval on a case by case basis.
- The items must be in their original condition, unused and returned in their original packaging.
- Items that have been made on order cannot be returned. (non stock items).
- Custom designs or specific colour choices cannot be returned.
- You will be liable for the full transport costs (round trip - outgoing and incoming) which will be deducted from your refund. Please note that this may differ from your quote as we sometimes subsidise/discount or absorb additional costs.
- Personally inspect packaging and note any damage on the receiving ticketbefore signing for it. If you have not opened the packages please write thewords "unchecked" next to your name.
- Please report any shortages or damages within 24 hours from the date of receiving your merchandise in writing via e-mail or fax. Please explain the problem or defect and include any photographs if possible so that we may best assist you. It may be that only a replacement part is required instead of shipping the complete product back to us, which will be issued at our own discretion.
- All merchandise is inspected before despatch and, should it be returned,will be inspected upon arrival at our end. Any returned items must be in theoriginal condition with packaging and literature intact or in suitable similarpackaging. Please e-mail us first to obtain your return authorizationnumber, should you wish to return goods with defects or that have been damagedin transit. Include your RA# on the shipping label only please. Packages withoutan RA # will be refused unfortunately. Please do not write on the box or defacethe product packaging.
Any approved returns will be shipped via our couriers free of charge as coveredby the shipping insurance against damage in transit. We will take responsibilityfor booking the collection with our couriers. Replacements can only be madeonce we have determined that there was a manufacturer defect or damage causedduring transit and your items were insured . Items that are received with shipping damage will be replacedwith the same or similar item at no charge if they were insured.
- If it is subsequently found that the returned merchandise is not defectiveor damaged, the customer will be liable for all shipping costs.
- All custom made orders are made especially for you and are therefore finalsales. We cannot accept returns, cancellations or exchanges on custom ordersunless there is a manufacturer defect.
- All returns will be subject to a 20% handling fee.
In the unlikely event that you have a problem with a product, please contactus. Most of the items that we sell are backed by a manufacturer’s/designer’sguarantee. We will determine if replacement parts or a replacement product needs tobe sent. babyfurnituredirect.co.za can not be held responsible for faulty goodsshipping directly from suppliers.